13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.a]">[a] 18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Hearing and Doing the Word
19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. 27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
More From this Series
- 01/28/18 - The Wisdom of Witnessing - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 02/04/18 - The Mother of All Who Believe - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 02/11/18 - The Faith of Hezekiah - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 02/18/18 - Transitional Truths - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 02/25/18 - Detours - Pastor Peter Tepper
- 03/04/18 - What God Has Done - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 03/11/18 - The Meaning Of Psalms - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 03/18/18 - Committed To The Church - Pastor Anthony Alonso
- 03/25/18 - Your Towel - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 04/01/18 - Born Again To A Living Hope - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 04/08/18 - The Upper Room Discourse - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 04/15/18 - Start A Revival - Pastor John Couch
- 04/29/18 - How Jesus Runs The Church - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 05/06/18 - The Making of a Disciple - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 05/13/18 - Mommy Goggles - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 05/27/18 - How to Have a Faith That Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 06/03/18 - Spies Like Us - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 06/10/18 - What Am I Filled With? - Pastor Jon Couch
- 06/17/18 - Baptism: What Is It Good for? - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 06/24/18 - AMPED The Kingdom's Kids - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 07/01/18 - In God We Trust - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 07/08/18 - Who Are You Walking With - Pastor Jon Couch
- 07/15/18 - Loving Leah - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 07/22/18 - A Faith That Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 07/29/18 - Pure At Heart - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 08/05/18 - The Road Of Honesty - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr
- 08/12/18 - Look Up to Wise Up - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 08/19/18 - The Sin of Partiality - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 08/26/18 - Rejoice in the written Word of God that gives us Life - Pastor Jon Couch
- 09/02/18 - Experiencing God as a Nurturing Parent - Reverend Woody Johnson
- 09/09/18 - New Birth - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 09/23/18 - Righteousness: A Story of A Pharisee & A Tax Collector - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- 10/7/18 - 2 Chron. 16:1-13 - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 10/14/18 - The Epistle of James: How to Have a Faith that Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 10/21/18 - B.A.S.I.C.- Brothers and Sisters in Christ - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- 10/28/18 - Why Are We Here Today? - Pastor Don Mason
- 12/2/18 - Gift of Family - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- Heart for the Harvest
- Fruitfulness On The Frontline
- Missing the Point
- Life on the Frontline
- Psalms: Emotions Before God
- Work Matters
- Behold the Beauty of Christ
- Everyday Parables for Everyday Life
- Not Ashamed
- The Gifts of Christmas
- View All