1 In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame!
2 In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me, and save me!
3 Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
Upon you I have 6
For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth.5
Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man.4 leaned from before my birth; you are he who took me from my mother's womb.
My praise iscontinually of you.
My mouth is filled with your 8
I have been as a portent to many, but you are my strong refuge.7 praise, and with your glory all the day.
for each tree 44 “For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit,43
Key #1 What I allow into my heart and my mind is what my mouth will be filled with.is
known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from
a bramble bush. 45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and
the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his
And the Lord said: “Because 13
Isaiah 29:13this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips,
while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men.
19 As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man.
For those whom he 29
Romans 8:29foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in
order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing
you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me
captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
Key #2 What I praise is what I Worship and what I Worship is what I am enslaved to.
14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
He is your praise. He is your God, who has done for you these great and terrifying things that 21
eyes have seen.
1In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the
train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he
covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”
And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house 4 was
filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell
in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken 6 with
tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your
guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” Isaiah's Commission from the Lord 8 And I heard the
voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send
Key #3 God's Glory must dominate my life all the day.
1 Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and
1 Chronicles 29:11
11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all
that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted
as head above all.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.31
1 Corinthians 10:31
17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is
to be revealed to us.
9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which
comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith.
Three concluding thoughts
1. This is one of the most difficult verses for me to live out daily. As my stiff and hardened heart at
times, do not gravitate towards the emploring of the psalmist but default to rebelling.
2. In the midst of my distress and affliction not in theabsense of my distress and affliction.
3. God ispassionly for His Grace and Glory not mine; and He will pursue His Glory at any and all
cost, even at the expense of my own personal comfort.
8 I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other.
More From this Series
- 01/28/18 - The Wisdom of Witnessing - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 02/04/18 - The Mother of All Who Believe - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 02/11/18 - The Faith of Hezekiah - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 02/18/18 - Transitional Truths - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 02/25/18 - Detours - Pastor Peter Tepper
- 03/04/18 - What God Has Done - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 03/11/18 - The Meaning Of Psalms - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 03/18/18 - Committed To The Church - Pastor Anthony Alonso
- 03/25/18 - Your Towel - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 04/01/18 - Born Again To A Living Hope - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 04/08/18 - The Upper Room Discourse - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 04/15/18 - Start A Revival - Pastor John Couch
- 04/29/18 - How Jesus Runs The Church - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 05/06/18 - The Making of a Disciple - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 05/13/18 - Mommy Goggles - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 05/27/18 - How to Have a Faith That Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 06/03/18 - Spies Like Us - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 06/10/18 - What Am I Filled With? - Pastor Jon Couch
- 06/17/18 - Baptism: What Is It Good for? - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 06/24/18 - AMPED The Kingdom's Kids - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 07/01/18 - In God We Trust - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 07/08/18 - Who Are You Walking With - Pastor Jon Couch
- 07/15/18 - Loving Leah - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 07/22/18 - A Faith That Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 07/29/18 - Pure At Heart - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 08/05/18 - The Road Of Honesty - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr
- 08/12/18 - Look Up to Wise Up - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 08/19/18 - The Sin of Partiality - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 08/26/18 - Rejoice in the written Word of God that gives us Life - Pastor Jon Couch
- 09/02/18 - Experiencing God as a Nurturing Parent - Reverend Woody Johnson
- 09/09/18 - New Birth - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 09/23/18 - Righteousness: A Story of A Pharisee & A Tax Collector - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- 10/7/18 - 2 Chron. 16:1-13 - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 10/14/18 - The Epistle of James: How to Have a Faith that Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 10/21/18 - B.A.S.I.C.- Brothers and Sisters in Christ - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- 10/28/18 - Why Are We Here Today? - Pastor Don Mason
- 12/2/18 - Gift of Family - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- Heart for the Harvest
- Fruitfulness On The Frontline
- Missing the Point
- Life on the Frontline
- Psalms: Emotions Before God
- Work Matters
- Behold the Beauty of Christ
- Everyday Parables for Everyday Life
- Not Ashamed
- The Gifts of Christmas
- View All