Isaiah 38:10-20 (ESV)
10 I said, In the middlea]">[a] of my days
I must depart;
I am consigned to the gates of Sheol
for the rest of my years.
11 I said, I shall not see the Lord,
the Lord in the land of the living;
I shall look on man no more
among the inhabitants of the world.
12 My dwelling is plucked up and removed from me
like a shepherd's tent;
like a weaver I have rolled up my life;
he cuts me off from the loom;
from day to night you bring me to an end;
13 I calmed myselfb]">[b] until morning;
like a lion he breaks all my bones;
from day to night you bring me to an end.
14 Like a swallow or a crane I chirp;
I moan like a dove.
My eyes are weary with looking upward.
O Lord, I am oppressed; be my pledge of safety!
15 What shall I say? For he has spoken to me,
and he himself has done it.
I walk slowly all my years
because of the bitterness of my soul.
16 O Lord, by these things men live,
and in all these is the life of my spirit.
Oh restore me to health and make me live!
17 Behold, it was for my welfare
that I had great bitterness;
but in love you have delivered my life
from the pit of destruction,
for you have cast all my sins
behind your back.
18 For Sheol does not thank you;
death does not praise you;
those who go down to the pit do not hope
for your faithfulness.
19 The living, the living, he thanks you,
as I do this day;
the father makes known to the children
20 The Lord will save me,
and we will play my music on stringed instruments
all the days of our lives,
at the house of the Lord.
More From this Series
- 01/28/18 - The Wisdom of Witnessing - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 02/04/18 - The Mother of All Who Believe - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 02/11/18 - The Faith of Hezekiah - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 02/18/18 - Transitional Truths - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 02/25/18 - Detours - Pastor Peter Tepper
- 03/04/18 - What God Has Done - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 03/11/18 - The Meaning Of Psalms - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 03/18/18 - Committed To The Church - Pastor Anthony Alonso
- 03/25/18 - Your Towel - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 04/01/18 - Born Again To A Living Hope - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 04/08/18 - The Upper Room Discourse - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 04/15/18 - Start A Revival - Pastor John Couch
- 04/29/18 - How Jesus Runs The Church - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 05/06/18 - The Making of a Disciple - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 05/13/18 - Mommy Goggles - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 05/27/18 - How to Have a Faith That Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 06/03/18 - Spies Like Us - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 06/10/18 - What Am I Filled With? - Pastor Jon Couch
- 06/17/18 - Baptism: What Is It Good for? - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 06/24/18 - AMPED The Kingdom's Kids - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 07/01/18 - In God We Trust - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr.
- 07/08/18 - Who Are You Walking With - Pastor Jon Couch
- 07/15/18 - Loving Leah - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 07/22/18 - A Faith That Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 07/29/18 - Pure At Heart - Pastor Dan Middlebrooks
- 08/05/18 - The Road Of Honesty - Reverend W.W. Johnson, Jr
- 08/12/18 - Look Up to Wise Up - Reverend Mike Glodo
- 08/19/18 - The Sin of Partiality - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 08/26/18 - Rejoice in the written Word of God that gives us Life - Pastor Jon Couch
- 09/02/18 - Experiencing God as a Nurturing Parent - Reverend Woody Johnson
- 09/09/18 - New Birth - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 09/23/18 - Righteousness: A Story of A Pharisee & A Tax Collector - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- 10/7/18 - 2 Chron. 16:1-13 - Pastor Dave Franklin
- 10/14/18 - The Epistle of James: How to Have a Faith that Works - Pastor Ed Diaz
- 10/21/18 - B.A.S.I.C.- Brothers and Sisters in Christ - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- 10/28/18 - Why Are We Here Today? - Pastor Don Mason
- 12/2/18 - Gift of Family - Pastor Robert Olszewski
- Heart for the Harvest
- Fruitfulness On The Frontline
- Missing the Point
- Life on the Frontline
- Psalms: Emotions Before God
- Work Matters
- Behold the Beauty of Christ
- Everyday Parables for Everyday Life
- Not Ashamed
- The Gifts of Christmas
- View All