Current Series: Sermons
Let the Children Come to Me
13 And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 15 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” 16 And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.
- We ourselves do not go to Jesus
- We fail to foster Christ-Centered conversations in the home
- We fail to live in integrity
- We fail to love Christ and His Church
- We fail to trust God and hold fast to His promises
- We show little interest in spiritual things.
We are to keep bringing them despite opposition. Even opposition from fellow believers.
8 Practical ways to bring our children to Jesus
- Be fully convinced that our children need Jesus and His salvation
- Realize that our children belong to the Lord
- We surrender our children to the Lord
- Speak to and live with our children in a Christ-Centered way
- Offer our children Christ-centered views on current events
- Teach our children the whole counsel of God both law and the gospel
- Lovingly warn our children about being outside of Christ
- Become spiritual mentors for our grandchildren