The Preeminence of Christ
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
- What is the big picture?
- How do I enter into the big picture?
- Next Steps
Quotes to Ponder
“We are called to be fruitful - not successful, not productive, not accomplished. Success comes from strength, stress, and human effort. Fruitfulness comes from vulnerability and the admission of our own weakness.” - Henri Nouwen
“Great winds and storms help fruit-bearing trees. So also do corruptions and temptations help the fruitfulness of grace and holiness. The storm loosens the earth round its roots so the tree is able to get its roots deeper into the earth, where it receives fresh supplies of nourishment. But only much later will it be seen to bring forth better fruit. So corruptions and temptations develop the roots of humility, self-abasement and mourning in a deeper search for that grace by which holiness grows strong. But only later will there be visible fruits of increased holiness.” - John Owen
More From this Series
- 10/13/2019 - The Big Picture
- 10/20/2019 - Modeling Godly Character
- 10/27/2019 - Making Good Work
- 11/03/2019 - Minister Grace and Love
- 11/10/2019 - Molding Culture
- 11/17/2019 - Mouthpiece for Truth & Justice
- 11/24/2019 - Messenger Of The Gospel
- 12/01/2019 - Wake Up!
- 12/08/2019 - Lukewarm
- 12/15/2019 - The Throne Of God Almighty
- 12/22/2019 - Who Is Worthy
- 12/29/2019 - The Search For Jesus
- Heart for the Harvest
- Missing the Point
- Life on the Frontline
- Psalms: Emotions Before God
- Work Matters
- Behold the Beauty of Christ
- Everyday Parables for Everyday Life
- Not Ashamed
- The Gifts of Christmas
- Pulpit Supply
- View All